3.05.2011

Place II: Cathy Breslaw




Place Part II: The place that we chose to make our home speaks to who we are. The items we surround ourselves with and the manner in which we choose to arrange our living and work spaces-especially when the two overlap-can reveal insights into our everyday personas as well as the people we aspire to be. Here the place where artist Cathy Brelaw creates...






Q: What do you love about your home?
Cathy: My home is what I call my 'sacred space'--my safe place--my studio is also adjacent so it's important to me to create a space where I can also work--as well as just be.





Q: Tell me about the sign in your space, "If not now, when?"
Cathy: "If not now, when" means this is it--life in the present moment is all we have--we are not guaranteed anything more than the moment we are in. So, all my goals, dreams, art pieces need to be created now.



Q: Describe your physical working environment:
Cathy: My working environment is a space of about 400-500 sqare feet and well lit with specialized ful spectrum lights.



Photographs: 2010 Melissa Au, Dandelion Dreams Photography







No comments:

Post a Comment