1.12.2011

Introduction: Melissa Au, Documentor/Photographer ~ Dandelion Dreams Photography



I have been a photographer in the artistic sense for most of my life. I am in business as a family/child photographer under the name Dandelion Dreams Photography. I can sum up my passion for photography in this way: I am a light seeker...I admire the way a shadow wraps gently around a child's face or how sunlight halos a young girl's head. I love catching that 1/60th of a second glimpse into my lens as a baby wonders--just what is that big contraption I am holding. I strive to capture the real essence of my subject as opposed to a contrived shot…to catch a real moment in life, to document.



My biggest inspiration, is my family: inquisition, wonder, attention to the small things, unabashed enthusiasm, creativity, love. I think that a lot can be told in a photograph about the relationship of the family, the emotion of the individual, and I love to tell that story through the snap of the shutter. These are days to remember. My gift to the family is creating a keepsake of their moment together.



Awards:

3rd Place Portrait, 2010 San Diego County Fair

Donated Award for Portrait (awarded by Digital Photo Academy), 2010 San Diego County Fair

Honorable Mention Pet Portrait, 2010 San Diego County Fair

Honorable Mention Portrait, 2010 San Diego County Fair

Honorable Mention Digital Arts Image, 2010 San Diego County Fair



Melissa Au, Dandelion Dreams Photography ~ melissa@dandeliondreamsphoto.com ~ (858) 349.5946



2 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    I am so excited to see the Art Meets Fashion show! Your love of photography and the use of that medium to capture life moments that reveal true personality are profoundly evident in your work. How wonderful that your "work" is driven by such passion!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what wonderful stories you tell, Melissa. How incredible it is to see the split second images you capture that the rest of us miss as we are watching life busily go by. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete